- Ensure better, more sustainable WASH outcomes in corporate WASH projects
- Provide companies a clearer pathway to gender equality and women’s empowerment
The Guidance: Integrating gender equality into water, sanitation and hygiene projects aims to help companies successfully transform their strategic commitments on community WASH and gender equality into integrated projects resulting in:
- Better, more sustainable WASH outcomes
- A clearer pathway to gender equality and women’s empowerment
While this ambition to integrate gender equality into community WASH is not new, this guidance reflects a clear shift in intent and systematic approach to gender in WASH project design, moving commitments to concrete outcomes.
The guidance is split into two documents:
- One aimed at Corporates outlining the WHY and some key principles for developing integrated WASH and gender projects
- One aimed at NGOs and implementing partners outlining the HOW
This document is the former.